REQUEST QUOTE NOW
How to Pack Home Appliances to Ship Them Safely and Securely
Residential shifting can be a really tedious and messy task for you especially if you have pack and move home appliances. It is but obvious that if you have to move your home from one city to another then you will also have to pack and move your home & kitchen appliances which are integral part of every household. There are various types of appliances in a home. The common factors for all kinds of appliances are, they are extremely heavy and odd in dimensions. You may face difficulties and problems in packing and moving of appliances because of their heavy weights and odd dimensions. But with proper planning and by learning useful techniques, you can certainly pack and ship your appliances safely and securely. Furthermore, you can save a significant amount of money if you are able to disconnect, connect and pack your home appliances on your own. Here are some tips on how to pack home appliances for safe household goods shifting and transportation.
Learn How to Pack Dishwasher
- Make sure to remove all dishes from the dishwasher.
- Make sure to tape down the racks and silverware basket properly and securely.
- Make sure to go thoroughly through user’s manual for removing and draining the water hook-up.
- Make sure to look and tap the door shut properly.
- Make sure to tape the house and cord to the dishwasher.
- Make sure to tie a large pad around the dishwasher for protection.
Learn How to Pack Refrigerator
Packing and making the refrigerator read for shipping can be a fairly easy process if you know the right techniques. It is important to learn the right techniques so that you can pack your refrigerator and make it ready for safe transportation. The first thing you need to do is collection the necessary packing supplies which you will need in packing process of a refrigerator. You may need packing supplies like Packaging Tape, Rope, Large Cushioning Pads, and Baking Soda.
- Clear out all the contents from the refrigerator.
- Remove everything including freezer items.
- Use, discard or give away perishable items.
- Remove shelves and drawers and pack them separately.
- Unplug and defrost the refrigerator 24 hours before moving day.
- Make sure to unplug the power cord and disconnect the icemaker water line.
- Coil the cord loosely and tape it to the refrigerator to keep it secure.
- Make sure to make empty the drainage pan.
- Make sure to drain out the automatic icemaker.
- Clean your refrigerator properly. Make sure to clean all drawers and shelves properly.
- Use baking soda to remove odor from the fridge.
- Read users’ manual properly for what type of precaution is required for your refrigerator.
- Wrap shelves separately and tape them together.
- Tie a large cushioning pad around the fridge for safety and protection.
- Use right appliance dolly to move the fridge from one place to another.
Learn How to Pack Oven
Before you start packing, you need to collect Packaging Tape, Rope and Large Cushioning Pads for secure packing of stoves, ovens or stovetops.
- First of all, clean the oven and stovetop properly.
- Keep all the oven racks on the bottom tread and tape down properly.
- Tape securely burners and protective pans as well.
- Tape the electrical cord to the body of the oven.
- Thereafter, tie a large cushioning pad around the oven for protection.
Learn How to Pack Washing Machine
Whether you have a top-loading or a front-loading washing machines, you will have to make some efforts to make it proper packed and ready for the move. You can easily pack your washing machine for moving if you know the right techniques. Here is what you need to pack your washing machines properly.
- Get required packing materials like Tape, Rope, and Large Cushioning Pads.
- Finish doing all laundry if you have to do before a couple of day of moving day.
- Empty the washing machines, drain all water out of washer.
- Empty out the remaining water from the water hose.
- Clean the interior of the washing machine with cotton clothes or towel properly.
- Go through user’s manual and read it properly.
- Take out all the accessories and fittings rightly.
- Keep losses accessories in a zippered bag and pack them in a box.
- Label the box with appropriate tag.
- Stuff towels between the washing machine sides and tubs to keep the stop rotation of the tub.
- Stuff the basket of the washing machine with clothes and linens.
- Include a pouch of baking soda to eliminate mildew and odor.
- Secure the lid and electrical cord properly with heavy duty packaging tape.
Learn How to Pack Dryer
Before packing and making ready to move your dryer make sure you have the appropriate packing and moving supplies, such as Tape, Rope, and Large Pads.
- Take apart the exhaust hose from the wall and remove it from the dryer.
- Securely tape the electrical cord and dryer door using heavy duty tape.
- Tie a large cushioning pad around the dryer for protection.
Learn How to Pack Small Appliances
In a home there can be several small kitchen appliances such as toaster, mixers, juicer, blender, water purifier, sandwich maker, food processor, induction cooktops, electric kettle, coffee maker, hand mixers, pizza ovens, microwaves, and other small appliances. Packing these small appliances can be fairly an easy exercise if you know the right techniques. There are a couple of essential things you need to do to ensure safety of your precious small appliances while in transit.
- Collect required packing supplies to secure your appliances for packing and shipping.
- Gather blank newsprint paper or towels & linens.
- Gather medium size boxes (approx. 3.0 cubic feet recommended)
- Never use peanuts or shredded paper. It can get into the machines and cause damages.
- Whatever appliances you are going to pack, clean and dry them properly.
- Prepare the box properly so that you can keep your appliances inside properly.
- Tape the bottom of the box securely with heavy duty packaging tape.
- Provide padding to the bottom with blank newsprint paper or towels and linens.
- Then place the appliances inside the box and pad them well all around.
- Use good quality cushioning materials or you can use your towels & linens for padding.
- Place in two or three appliances to a box, if it is possible.
- Put another layer of packing materials or bubble wraps or towels & linens on top for extra protection.
- Seal the box properly with heavy duty durable packaging tapes.
- Label the box and mark it “Kitchen Appliances”.
For any enquiry related to pack & move, contact us today!
You may call us 24 x 7: +91-9582371549
You can write an email to us: email@example.com