Packing Tips for Glassware and Fragile Items
Packing up glassware and other fragile items for moving home can be a big challenge for you. But you can make secure packing of all your fragile items like glassware, chinaware and silverware correctly using right techniques. Here are some important tips for packing up glassware and other fragile items and making them ready for shipping. First of all you need to collect required packing supplies such as corrugated cardboard carton boxes, heavy duty industrial packaging tapes, wrapping sheets, old newspapers, bubble wraps, foam peanuts, etc.
- Wrap the item in one layer of wrapping sheet or old newspaper or blank newsprint paper.
- Thereafter, wrap the item in multiple layers of bubble wrap. Secure the wrapping with a piece of packaging tape.
- Prepare the box or carton with a layer of packaging material on the bottom. You can use old cotton clothes or t-shirts or wadded papers.
- Place the wrapped items in the box properly and fill the empty spaces with wadded papers or cotton clothes.
- Place heavier or larger items first and lighter or smaller ones later inside the box.
- Seal the box properly using heavy duty packaging tape.
- Shake the box to ensure there is no movement of items inside.
- Label the box “FRAGILE ITEMS”.
If you need more protection then use the two-box packaging method. Place the finished box in a larger corrugate cardboard box and fill the empty space with padding material like old clothes or wadded papers. Make sure there is no movement of the inner box.
Hence, you see that packing fragile items or glassware for moving home is a simple and straightforward procedure. Just you need to take care of items; and pack those delicate items using right techniques and right packing materials. If you don’t want to take risk on packing fragile and delicate items then you can get assistance of professional packing service. Professional Packers and Movers can pack all your household items including fragile and delicate items properly. They can pack each and every item of your household correctly and transfer them to your destination place safely on time.